Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The 8th Wonder

It's that annoying situtation: he likes you more than you like him. Oh, what a chore to try and get rid of him now. I'm not trying to come across as a snob in any way, but you know what I mean, you've been there. I've also been on the other side and it does not bring memories of rainbows and butterflies. My feelings were hurt and I was in a vulnerable situation. So, how does one do it in a way that will not hurt the other person's feelings? It almost seems inevitable to me. Usually I could tell on the first date if I'm going to be interested, if not, I keep a friendly conversation but watch my body language so as to show that I'm not interested. I recently went on a date; the guy was too boring for my taste. No sense of humor at all and when I told him to loosen up, he just became corny. Anyway, enough of the body slammin'. So he kept calling, wanting to out again. I couldn't stand the idea of another boring "interview" so I just kinda ignored his phone calls and texts. I felt lame not returning his calls; I hate avoiding THE situation. So I said, fair enough! Next time he calls, I will be straight with him...not so easy. Another thing I hate is lying. I'm no good at it, and I don't ever want to be. But unfortunately, I lied!!! I told him I was seeing someone else. So this is my entry for today, I'm confessing that I lied! But after feeling bad for what I did, I tried to think of a better way I could have let him know I wasn't interested...I couldn't. How do you tell someone you don't want to go another date without sounding like a snob, a jerk, an ice queen and still be honest? "Oh, hi, yeah, after being on one date with you I found you to be boring and corny, so I don't want to continue dating you." That is being honest, completely, but isn't that rude?! So help me figure this out, how could I have told him that I wasn't interested in a nice, honest way?

2 comments:

fijigirl said...

I have to admit, that I too am horrible at telling guys that I'm not interested in to move on. I usually just don't call back. But I have found that texting is painless but probably a little bit on the chicken side.....oh well C'est la vie!

Daisy said...

Gross! I hated dealing with that sort of stuff. I think that God probably acknowledges the fact that you were trying to spare the poor nerds feelings so don't feel too bad!

Love, The ultimate Ice Queen