Friday, April 14, 2006

You're how old?!

On Sunday he asked me out for Saturday. A girl needs some advanced notice but not a whole week's notice! Anyway, I guess construction shoes couldn't wait cuz he called me Tuesday and we went out for appetizers and dessert on Wednesday. We had a good convo, it was so good that we lost track of time. We were at the restaurant for 2 hours! Anyway we went to his place afterwards...Ready? ...He lives with his parents and little brothers. OK, not ideal for a girl my age but oh well. When you date younger guys you just gotta roll with it; like accepting the fact that I'll be done with my master's degree before he's done with his bachelor's. Darn, that makes me feel old. Anyway, his dad asks me how old I was and I replied in a nonchalant way. I bet he was thinking, "You freak! You're 5 years older than my son!"

A-ahem...Sir, your son here is the one who asked me out, right?

This whole experience is so new to me, I've got to admit...it's a little scary. I just laugh at our age difference and I think he's getting annoyed that I point it out so much. I know, I know..."relax gaby, age ain't nothing but a number."

1 comment:

fijigirl said...

No worries! Enjoy the fact that young hotties are into you! There are worse things in life, that's for sure. It's a lot better than hearing, "so let me know how things in Salt Lake are going!" aka my latest phone convo with "the man".