Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Sweet Escape



My brother, sister-in-law, and I went to see Gwen Stefani last night at the E Center to celebrate my graduation. Let me tell you, she puts on a fantastic show. I don't think I've ever been to a concert where I've been impressed with all the aspects: stage set-up, sound, performance, dancers, etc.

Lady Sovereign opened, we only heard two of her songs. Obnoxious, the last song was too roudy. Akon was cool. I didn't realize, but I recognized many of his songs. He asked us to smack the person on our right when he sang "Smack That." Since my seat was in between a really fat guy and a really skinny guy both of which had girlfriends and didn't know me, I decided not to take his advice. Luckly, a teenie-bopper sitting next to my sister-in-law gave up her seat and I was able to enjoy the rest of the show with her and my bro.

Then Gwen opened up with "Sweet Escape" we yelled our hearts out. The stage was incredible, I can't even explain it in words. The Harajuku Girls were cute, the breakdancers were amazing. Gwen is a great performer, eloquent. I admired that she came to the back and sang a whole song, shaking people's hands and spending some time with those of us sitting way in the back. It was awesome, go see her if you get the opportunity.

I can hardly wait for Morrissey. I'm way too excited to see him. I actually had a dream about it last night, LOL!

2 comments:

fijigirl said...

I am extremely jealous! But on the other hand....you deserved a "rock star" celebration for your achievment! Go Gaby.....^^

yoohoo said...

gaby your funny. keep it up, and let me know when i can come live with you in california.
peace