Monday, June 25, 2007

Should I stay or should I go?

I can't decide, help me decide...



I just got back from Huntington. I went out for a few job fairs and to look for employment. As some of you know, I just graduated and I'm looking for a job that pays what I deserve. I miss LA and Huntington Beach so much but I'm so comfortable here in SLC. I can't decide if I should stay in SLC or if I should just move out there with no job. Right now I'm working part-time in SLC from home with full benefits. I'd keep the job and move to Calif but I can't work from out-of-state. If I stay in Utah I'd have some source of income and can job search when I get off work, around noon. If I move out to CA I'd have to move in with the parents until I find a job (ugh!). I'm so ready for a change, I'd love to move to LA but I can't until I have a job offer. It sucks looking for a job in CA when I'm in UT. Then I think about Salt Lake, I like it here, most of my friends are here, it's clean, not as much traffic, I'd be able to purchase a nice house in the near future, hmmm...what else? I love OC and LA, perfect weather, it's where I grew up, I miss it, I need a change. BUT the traffic is depressing, I wouldn't be able to afford a house until I'm about 40, and living with my parents until I find a job is scary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would they know you are out of state if you kept your job and worked from California?

I just got away with working for three months from Argentina when they thought I was in Dallas.

Just a thought.

PS I voted for you leaving Utah. You'll know why once you've been gone for a while.

Gabby said...

I have mandatory staff meetings every wednesday moring. That would be a long commute.