Friday, June 01, 2007

they bring the 'bump' to the 'grind'


Hi faithful readers of my blog. I just got back from the Killers concert. An amazing show. Of course, I got there 3 hours before the doors opened and of course scored front row. I went with Jud, an old friend from Provo. A local band opened, I forgot their name but the vocalist's last name was Vegas. Anyway, I wasn't impressed. Louise XIV was pretty cool though. First time I've heard them, I'm planning on listening to more of this Louise XIV.

When the Killers came on stage I was blown away. All this confetti just came pouring down when they started out with Sam's Town. I could tell Brandon was so happy to be playing for his native UT; he would smile at the most random moments. Sound was good, crowd wasn't too pushy. Highlights included On Top, When You Were Young, Jenny Was a Friend of Mine, For Reasons Unknown, and All These Things. He also played a Joy Division song and Can't Take My Eyes Off of You. At the very end of the show (after he played Exitlude), he talks to his band for a moment and then says: "We still have one more in us." They played When You Were Young a second time but this time it was all heart. How amazzzzing is that, huh?! At the end of the show, I caught one of the many flowers that decorated the stage. I LOVE THE KILLERS, AGHHHHHH!!!!

Here is a little footage I took on my cell phone camera, he's singing 'Bones.' Really bad quality but thought you would enjoy a visual. You might want to turn the volume all the way down.

1 comment:

fijigirl said...

O.k. definitely getting jealous! We so have to see the fray in July.....